Events that PAB create are sacred spaces dedicated to uplifting and celebrating the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and those doing incredible work to better their lives. We are committed to curating a vibrant and inclusive experience for all attendees, vendors, and performers. To ensure a safe, unique and quality filled environment that alignments with our values, we have established a selection process and set of guidelines for vendors and performers looking to be a part of our events.
Our Selection Process
At Pride Across the Bridge, we take great care in selecting vendors and performers who resonate with the spirit of our event. Our selection process is guided by the following criteria:
1. Commitment to the Queer Community: We prioritize applicants who are members of the queer community or are actively involved in supporting and uplifting the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
2. Contributions to the Queer Community: We look for vendors and performers who have a track record of contributing positively to the queer community through their work, advocacy, or support initiatives.
3. Reputation: We assess the reputation of applicants to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience for all participants. Note, this doesn't mean you need a reputation! New and curious talent welcome! :)
4. Diversity and Balance: To create a diverse and well-rounded event, we aim to feature a tasteful variety of sale items and performances, ensuring that there is a balanced representation of offerings.
Vendor & Performer Guidelines
To maintain the integrity of our event and create a safe and inclusive space, we kindly ask all vendors and performers to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Timely Communication: Please communicate with us promptly and meet the deadlines for all required materials. Failure to do so may result in the inability to participate in the event. We try to be flexible where we can, and understand life can get in the way sometimes, just communicate with us and we'll work with you! :)
2. Respect and Inclusivity: We work hard to put intentional action behind these sacred spaces, embracing the diversity and intersectionality of the 2SLGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities. Any behavior that goes against the lives and best interest of these communities will not be tolerated, and individuals engaging in such behavior may be asked to leave the event.
3. Zero Tolerance for Hostility: We foster a culture of respect and kindness. Any form of blatant hostility towards volunteers, organizers, attendees, or fellow vendors and performers during or outside of the event will result in immediate disqualification from the current event and may affect participation in future PAB events.